Our Favorite Moments from 2016
Posted by: Cody Sanger in: Consumer Lifestyle -
If ever there was a year that showed us the power of social media, 2016 was it. But this isn’t the time to rehash sordid details of the past election cycle. Rather, it’s the time to look back on the things that made us smile, made us proud or simply made us remember why we love what we do. And we admit it: there’s always room for improvement. So grab a glass of bubbly, and read on for some of our staff’s favorite PR moments of 2016 and hopes for 2017.
Favorite PR Moments from 2016…
Clearly, we loved our Northwest roots:
- Touring and learning more about the beautiful state of Oregon through our work with Travel Oregon and Travel Portland. There is always something new to uncover and share!
- Reopening The Riverhouse as Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend, Oregon.
- Traveling up and down the Oregon coast with Travel Oregon.
- Feeling glad that VR as a tool didn’t take off for travel/tourism PR. Nothing is as good as the real thing. (I may eat my words in a few years.)
And our successes:
- Catching Ben Stiller drinking Steaz outside NYC’s Flywheel, site of our Steaz Cactus Water launch event.
- Creating Twitter parties and Flywheel partnerships.
- Learning Portland Roasting Coffee’s first winner of the “Gilded Ticket” campaign. A single dad found the first gilded ticket, worth $500 on any airline, and will be visiting his family in Arkansas for the first time in years for the holidays.
- Seeing our clients as excited as we are about a great story that we’ve placed.
New Year’s PR Resolutions for 2017…
We’ll be paying even more attention to digital:
- Getting clients to be more adaptive and reactive on social – joining ongoing, relevant conversations and not being tied strictly to a content calendar.
- Demonstrating better how digital PR efforts can move the needle for our customers.
- Mastering the art of landing coverage using social media.
- Supplementing all pitches with timely memes.
- Incorporating strategic, integrated campaigns more fully into everyday client work, including digital media.
And one final goal:
- Practicing patience. We’re all fighting the good fight.