Posted by: AlisonFisker in: Food/Beverage -
Thomas Mathews, Wine Spectator executive editor boldly said, “Spain is the most exciting and dynamic wine producing country in Europe today,” during the 2009 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival where Spanish wines took center stage. Their Majesties King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia cut the ribbon at the Wines from Spain Pavilion at the Wine Spectator Trade Tasting Day. Other exciting events throughout the festival included:
• Their Majesties King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia were the guests of honor at ¡Viva España!, The Wines and Foods from Spain, held at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. Jose Andres, a renowned chef and host of the PBS series “Made in Spain,” served as the culinary chairman for the event. Mario Batali, award-winning and internationally acclaimed chef and author of “Spain… A Culinary Road Trip,” served as the evening’s emcee.
• Festival goers sipped the wines of Rioja at the Amstel Light Burger Bash – hosted by Rachael Ray and presented by Allen Brothers. Vibrant Rioja was the exclusive wine sponsor of the event.
• The Wines from Spain Pavilion in the Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village featured more than 100 wines from more than 20 producers from regions across Spain.
• The Fontainebleau Miami Beach hosted the Wine Spectator’s Best of the Best sponsored by Bank of America and featuring the following Spanish wineries: Bodegas Montecillo, Campo Viejo, Freixenet, Grupo Barón de Ley, Grupo Pesquera, Marqués de Riscal, Pago de Vallegarcia, Segura Viudas and Torres.
• Various Spanish wineries also participated in seven individual Wine Spectator’s Wine Seminar Series throughout the festival, including presentations from Victor Charcán of Grupo Barón de Ley; Miguel Torres, Jr. of Torres Group; Jose Luis Muguiro of Marqués de Riscal; Elena Adell, the winemaker at Campo Viejo; Carlos Falcó, the president of Pagos de Familia Marqués de Griñon; Vicente Dalmau Cebrián-Sagarriga; Count of Creixell, the president of Marqués de Murrieta; and Pablo Alvarez, the owner of Vega Sicilia.
• Steve Olson, noted wine educator and Sherry expert, hosted two seminars as part of the Bank of America Lifestyle Wine and Spirits Seminars at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
Interested in working together? Get in touch to learn more about our services.