3 Ways to Elevate Your Next Media Pitch
Posted by: Megan Moran in: Media Relations -
In the PR world today, it is hard to break through the noise and get your pitch noticed by a publication. The media is swarmed with email pitches every day, so how will your pitch stand out? Below are three ways to connect with a writer and get your pitch the attention it needs.
- Find out who is writing about your topic
- By using media monitoring tools and specific keywords, you’ll be able to find which journalists and publications cover your space. This will ensure that you are reaching out to the right people, which will ultimately make your story more appealing and not waste the writer’s time.
- Reference an article they recently wrote regarding your topic
- This piece of the puzzle is very important because it will show the writer that you are truly interested in them and what they write about, which will make the writer more intrigued.
- Always personalize your pitch
- The last thing any journalist wants to receive is an auto-generated message that is being pitched in the same manner to everyone on a media list. Remember to always use their name, reference a recent article they’ve written that relates to your topic, and follow-up with them in a timely manner.
Pitching the media can sometimes feel like a shot in the dark, but using these three tips will make your message count!